As a garden coach I work with "do-it-yourself" clients who want to learn more about gardening in Florida. Most people have an idea of what they want to create but lack plant selection or design knowledge. My job is to:
* Suggest plants suitable for the Central Florida climate.
* Create ideas for an eye-pleasing design.
* Identify plants and provide care information for homeowners who relocated from other parts of the country.
* Provide personalized quarterly maintenance schedules.
* Consult on the addition of "wildlife-friendly" plants to the garden.
My design motto is "less is more." The fewer varieties of plants used, the more attractive and fluid the design looks, especially in small areas. Plants grouped together in numbers and repeated throughout a landscape create a cohesive, free-flowing design that is calming to the mind and spirit.
All plans include: planting and care information, design tips and plant sources.
My expertise is in low-maintenance landscapes and wildlife gardening (birds & butterflies).
* I am a native-Floridian and have been gardening for 23 years.
* Master Gardener training in 1996.
* My individual blog is called Simply Susan
* Freelance garden writer: Florida Gardening magazine & e-zine articles.
Send me an email and we'll get started today.
Photos shown in the right sidebar are "before" and "after" photos of a design that included plant selections for Lance & Vickie King of Orlando. Their plan was to eliminate the grass and create an eye-appealing entrance to their front door. I created the layout and made plant suggestions, while Lance did all the "heavy" work. And, as you can see in the photos, he did a great job!