About Central Florida Gardener

Welcome and thank you for visiting Central Florida Gardener. Florida is a unique state in which to garden. It can be frustrating but also rewarding for gardeners who persevere. This blog was created as a resource for Florida gardeners, both new and experienced, in search of information specifically for Florida gardens.

You are invited to participate by leaving your comments, suggestions, tips and recommendations relevant to Florida gardening - don't be shy! Thank you for dropping by to learn more about gardening in the Sunshine state. I look forward to hearing from you! Susan

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Catching up with Florida Garden Blogs

I've been remiss in posting on new Florida garden blogs (33 altogether) I've come across lately. The following blogs are ones I've previously added to the blogroll (side column) but haven't mentioned them in a post:

South Florida Gardening - Sanddune chronicles his triumphs and tribulations in his sandpit in Ft. Pierce.

Florida Backyard - Stacy, originally from Alabama, now gardens in central Florida.

Boyd Hill Nature Preserve - The staff at Boyd Hill Nature Preserve in St. Petersburg keeps everyone updated on the 245 acre preserve and the events.

Keeping up with Carol - Carol blogs about her garden and home in Jacksonville.

The Conservative Gardener - Check out the veggies in Dennis' Ocala garden.

Polk Florida Yards & Neighborhoods - Here you'll find tips on creating a Florida-Friendly garden from the Polk County Florida Yards & Neighborhood Program.

Volunteering at Fairchild - Maria writes about her experiences as a volunteer at Fairchild Gardens in South Florida.

Variegated Living - Jo Ann, formerly from the north is now learning how to garden southern-style.

Orlando Realtor - Maxine posts about her Orlando garden and other adventures in her life.

Flower Lady's Musings - Flower Lady's peaceful postings and photos of her cottage garden are an enjoyable read.

Little Green Bees - James and Becca gardening on Florida's gulf coast.

Robert's Tropical Paradise - Lots of information on tropical plants.

Hydroponic Outdoor Greenhouse - This gardener's experience on hydroponic gardening in an urban environment.

Deborah's Garden - Visit Deborah's Northwest Florida garden.

Now for the new blogs added to the blogroll:

Florida Native Plant Society Blog - Get information on native from the experts.

Ms. Grow-it-all - Audrey Post...a Tallahassee journalist and master gardener...answers questions on Florida gardening.

Clean Green Natives  - Suzanne Dingwell grows native plants in her Palm Beach County garden.

Hawthorn Hill Wildflowers - Craig Huegel celebrates Native Florida Wildflowers in his Seminole garden.

Adventures of a transplanted gardener - Ginny Stibolt chronicles her experiences of learning how to garden in her Green Springs garden.

Manure Depot -  Adina Lehrman, organic garden consultant and master gardener, in South Florida blogs about the recognition of our need for interdependence with nature, and on how to approach no till gardening in South Florida.


Grower Jim - Jim in Orlando provides a ton of beneficial information on plants for Florida gardeners...nice photos, too.

Tog of Coral Gables - Tog shares his South Florida garden and experience of growing orchids for 60 years.

The Vegetable Hatt - Successfully growing vegetables for 20 years in Haines City.
 
Bay-Friendly Landscaping  - Nanette O'Hara gardening responsibly in the Tampabay area.

Our Local Life - Kelli's blog on living and gardening locally...in Gainesville.

My Maple Hill Farm - Daisy posts on gardening and yummy recipes.

Bloom - Angie blogs about her garden in Jacksonville.

Kara's Garden - Visit Kara's garden in Palm City.

Zone 9 Garden - A Florida vegetable garden blog.

Floresonance - A new blog on amateur botany.

The Sobe Gardener - Gardening in Miami Beach.

And, here's a couple of Florida nature blogs you may enjoy:

Natural World - A Central Florida mom who loves nature.
 
Florida Nature Photography - Beautiful photos of all parts of Florida.

Here's two more I just found:  Serendipity in the Garden  and The Good Garden

If you have a Florida garden or nature blog that I've not listed in our sidebar Blogroll, please leave me a comment and I will gladly add you to the list. I hope you each find some new Florida blogs you enjoy!

16 comments:

katrina said...

Hi there, it was great to see all the Florida gardening blogs all in one place. We are writing about all things gardening and particularly ideas for greenhouse growers - there might be something of interest in terms of gardening ideas.

Prem Subrahmanyam said...

Excellent list! I follow many of these blogs already.

You may also want to consider this blog:

The Florida Native Orchid Blog

---Prem

Susan said...

Prem...I've already got your "great" blog listed on the sidebar.

Dave said...

This is great stuff.
I never realized how many new blogs are coming online here in Florida.
A wealth of information and the technology to pass it around.
Thanks for the list!

FlowerLady said...

It's great to see more FL bloggers. It is different gardening in our state and encouraging to read about gardens in our different zones.

Thank you for the new blogs.

FlowerLady

Rainforest Gardener said...

Yay! I've been looking around but now it seems I could have just waited for this post. Great job finding them all!

Kimberly said...

Susan, you've outdone yourself!! This is a spectacular list of Florida blogs and a great resource!! I was very unaware of many of these, so I can't wait to check them out! Thank you!!!

Susan said...

Dave, FlowerLady, Steve & Kimberly...There does seem to be a lot of new blogs from Fla. gardeners. The more the merrier!

SiestaSister said...

Great...I bookmarked a few more blogs. How about Peace in the Valley (http://gardeninpeace.blogspot.com/2010/06/summer-superlatives.html)

Danielle's Garden Blog (http://www.daniellecopeland.com/)

Garden in Paradise (http://gardeninparadise.blogspot.com/)
And of course Hoe and Shovel
(http://www.hoeandshovel.com/)

There are so many Florida blogs.

Susan said...

Siesta Sister...Glad you found some new ones. I've already got the ones you listed on the blogroll in the sidebar. There's 95 there altogether that I've found so far. As I find new ones...I add them to the blogroll and then include them in a post.

chars gardening said...

I am so glad I found this post. I am less than 2 months into my new blogging life and have been searching for other florida bloggers. I live in Navarre Fl my blog is charsgardening.com. Oh, I found you through blotanical.

Meems said...

Wow, Susan, 95 blogs already... I think that's what you said. That's amazing. We could have own little convention with just Florida bloggers. THANK YOU so much for doing all this work for us! That's a lot of time and energy you've put into helping the rest of us!
Meems @ Hoe and Shovel

Susan said...

Hi Charlotte...Glad you found my CFG blog. I'm always happy when I discover another Florida garden blog. I will add you to the blogroll and to the post. I visited your blog but didn't find a way to leave you a comment or send an email. I will look forward to visiting you and watching your garden in the Panhandle grow. Stop by and see my garden at: http://simplysusansplace.blogspot.com.

Meems...You're right, we could have our own blogger festival. It's too bad Disney doesn't jump on that idea and have one during their spring festival. The sad part is that a large number of them don't blog on a regular basis...life does get too busy from time to time.

Floridamom said...

Oh my goodness, you linked to my lonely blog (Natural World)! I've been reading all these wonderful Florida blogs and thinking I need to update mine. I think you've just given me the nudge I needed. Thank you. :)

BelleAq said...

Thanks for this post, excellent resource to check in what's going on in the Florida gardener's blogosphere.

One more to add www.belleaq.typepad.com

manuremaven said...

Hi there, thanks for the link. I found myself here in a google search.